There are so many little tips and tricks to remember when it comes to hygiene. We wanted to make things easier for everyone by putting all the great ones in one place:
- Mascara every month (ever wake up with red, irritated eyes? This could be from the bacteria in your old mascara.)
- Shower puff/loofah every 3 months
- Eyeshadows-throw out after 1 year
- Foundation-dispense to back of hand and then apply to face. Don’t continue to put your finger into the bottle after touching your face.
- Lipstick-if it “sweats” throw it out (the product is separating).
- Tooth brush-throw out every month
- Throw away any skin care that has been open for more than one year.
- Shower curtain every month or spray with bleach solution if it is plastic.
- Hair brushes, combs, tweezers -dip in alcohol once a month.
- Cosmetic Brushes-wash once a week with a brush cleaner or gentle hair shampoo.
- Makeup sponges and foundation brushes should be washed after every use (moist environment is a breeding ground for bacteria).
- Use Qtips to remove product from jars.
- Don’t touch the area on a pump bottle where the product comes out.
- Don’t add water to your mascara. this can introduce bacteria into the mascara container.